Sunday, May 29, 2011

BOOKS!!

Mellow greetings fellow bloggers of the underworld.

Let me tell you that this weekend I've been totally off critting, blogging, writing and even studying. But I've done a couple of things I haven't done in a while.

First off, I went shopping - twice - once for clothes and once for BOOKS! I was very pleased to go to a book fair and find a lot of books I've wanted to read for a while - What did I get?
Well, I got The Hunger Games (FINALLY!) which I've been wanting to read for a loooong time (since a lot of my pals on CC listed it as a favorite book and a must-read). Something else - the first 2 books of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (the third or fourth one aren't out yet in my country).
I also got Stephen King's Salem's Lot - Mysti made me curious - I wanna see if I pee my pants with fright after this one - haven't read a scary book in ages.
I also got Fallen by... I'm too lazy to check - but you all know it - the cover with the moping girl and is about angels and demons and stuff. So, yeah, I'm pretty happy with myself.

I've also already finished The City of Bones - it was a good read, finished it up in less than 2 days and I can't believe I'm reading something that isn't in some sick, weird way related to Law. Can't wait to read the rest (though I will have to squeeze that in between studying - I have to start doing that tomorrow - but, somehow, I'm not fussing too much).

Have my graduation ceremony and prom on Friday, so am pretty excited for that as well. Also, found a fat burning program on the treadmill that turned out to be a lot of fun.

But I'm mainly glad I'm reading again. And hopefully, I'll be writing again soon (as in, as soon as I finish blogging)

Time when I'll post something relevant about writing... not sure - depends on where the muse takes me.

Take care.

6 comments:

  1. It's great when you make time for yourself like that, isn't it? I bought a few books for myself last week, and have already devoured two of them.

    I recognise that feeling as well - finally getting back to reading for fun.

    I really loved most of the books you mentioned (I haven't read "Salem's Lot", and I thought "Fallen" took too long to go anywhere).

    Hope you enjoy Friday - it sounds like quite a day :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying some time for yourself after being so busy with studies and exams. I've been reading a bit recently, too, and it's a nice feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steph :D I loved Mortal Instruments and Hunger Games, wasn't so fond of Fallen, but let me know what you think, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys - I'm actually learning a lot from reading for fun (I can't help critting in between). I'll probably share what I've learned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the break! I think after my WIP is done, I'm going to settle down for a few long weeks of reading, reading, and more reading!

    Hope you like "Salem's Lot" too :) There's even a movie version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I'm so jealous you went book shopping. I think I'm gonna have to do it now. Yeah, I'm sort of a "follower". LOL. I've read everything you've mentions,except for Salem's Lot, but I'm no stranger to Steven King's books. Love 'em! Have fun reading, they're all great books.

    I NEED to finish Across the Universe, by Beth Revis, and I really wanna get possession, by Elana Johnson.

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love :)