Thursday, October 27, 2011

Casting call - Blog Hop (The character chalange part 2)

Told you I had fuel for another post on characters these days. I would've done this faster if I didn't have so much crap to do yesterday - but it was a productive day none-the-less, and it ended with a pretty much sleepless night because I had the wrong idea to drink an espresso at 7 in the evening  (not exactly my smartest move).

So, here's the deal with this awesome picture. Some lovely ladies ( Carrie, Melodie and Lisa) decided it would be fun to present some of our characters/stories with some visual aid (like pictures, photos, book-trailers or just plain drawings/scribbles).
I got the idea from Ian, so blame him for the tosh you're about to keep reading.

I suck at drawing. I wish I didn't, I wish I could really do it. Then I could draw my own characters the way I pictured them. But, alas, I am no good. I haven't drawn my characters since I was in grade school, and those drawings were sub-par to say the least.

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to use some Anime style drawings as my visual aid and give you a little something about some of my characters. Not all of them, since they're about a million. Also, I don't have any drawings of the characters in my more recent writing (since they're based off these guys/girls).

Let's get it on.
Credit to the artist

These are Sam and Christine (as says the clever text). Sam is the MC in my YA series. He's a bit of a geek, a lot of a thinker, very shy, and the leader of his secret agent division. He's also 18 (and I guess he looks younger here, but it's a drawing anyway).

Christine is his gorgeous and outgoing girlfriend. Here pictured wearing her innocent smile and childish clothes. Though you can bet she's wearing stilettos.

What's right about this picture: Hair and eye color for both of them. :)



Credit to the artist
This next one is actually one of my favorite pictures. I use it a lot.

So, the guy, Jimmy is Sam's older brother. Builder of many stuff, from traps to computers and multi-functional watches, he's also a kick-ass martial artist.
Jessie, (who can also be Rachel, since I thought of them looking the freaking same) has the orange curly hair and the fighting spirit.
These two a re a lot more accurate - they actually seem like they're fooling around, which they do a lot of.

Moving on to my final two pictures for you peeps.

Credit to the artist

You already know her. She's been featured on this site before as a Diva. This is Kay - my only blond characters so far, and my only blond important character of the series. (even if I'll start spawning blonds at some point). She's a feisty, stubborn, sensitive girl. She's a bit of a bi-polar character. She can fight her way out of something while crying and has brave moments and vulnerable moments. (don't we all?)

Credit to the artist
The guy...well, I know he doesn't look too happy. That's Kyle, sort of. (or Daniel, depending from which side of the fence you're watching this). He's Sam's oldest brother and the one who kinda does what he wants, when he wants to just because he feels like it. He's also the one who takes care of the others. And even if he looks dead serious and battle prone here (notice the nifty bullet-proof jacket :D), he fools around a lot. And turned sarcasm into an art.


This is it. That was fun. I still wish I could draw. Thanks to the creators of this idea for all the fun we've all had with this.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! And great character descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Very Dragonball-ish. Loving the character descriptions! Great work! :)

    Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Carrie - you know your stuff! The pictures are indeed done in true dragonball style :) Thank you both for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! Glad you decided to take part.

    Ummm...you've got me confused (easy to do, I know), I thought Sam's brother was Jerry?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, you're right, Ian. Jimmy is Jerry's twin (that's why I didn't put pictures of everyone - cuz then there's Tom, but he's Sam's twin)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics of your characters! I always thought that pic of Jimmy and Jessie was actually Daniel and Rachel, I think because of the red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great -fun and descriptive. I hope you had a good time putting it together. Thanks for joining us on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great descriptions of your characters! This was really fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I love your intros to the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reading, you guys. I'm glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun characters, and I loved it that you used anime pics. :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love :)