Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NaNo Trials

Hey peeps!

Still jobless, still schoolless (that's not half bad, actually) and with nothing better to do than... well, I actually always find something to do, which still keeps me reasonably busy, so that's great.

Yey! We're one month away from NaNoWriMo. I like it - I finally get some writing done! I have a project in mind for this year, but I'm not sure exactly how and when I'm going to pull it off. For the curious ones, I'm going to try another paranormal romance, and no, it will not be a sequel to Hunters or include any vampires.

I won't give much about the subject away. Only that I'm going to try something a bit deeper than last time. I'm going to try to include a hidden message to stick with the reader. Mind you, I've never done this before, so it will be a first for me. I'm going to stick to a small number of characters as well, just like last time, but the plot will be a lot more complex (at least for my hurting brain.) In case you were wondering/doubting it, I still have no clue what happens in this book or how it will end. But it's going to be fun, nonetheless.

In other news, I've totally reworked the beginning of Ruby, the first in my Jewel series, but I think I'll go back to it properly after NaNo. And, of course, I'm once again planning to edit Hunters using the crits I got in my private queue. That's going a bit slow - as in I've just done chapter 1 so far, but I promise to do chapter 2 today.

So, yeey for brainless writing in November. I'll be keeping everyone in touch with how I do, so I'll probably have more blog posts in November (it was about time, too :) I've been really lazy lately).

Are you going to try NaNo? And what is your project?

3 comments:

  1. Never tried Nano and I think I'd go nuts doing it. I can barely get 500 words in one day. I can't imagine 50K in one month.

    My projects are of course, Serenya's Song, which I'm calling final draft stage, but is actually probably gonna need another 1/2 draft to get it right. Plus a collaborative time travel romance which I need to get a first draft done on my part. Taking a 6 week free writing course, and I'm terribly behind on critting too. Add all that to the 24/7 of motherhood, and I'm bonked.

    But I'm glad you're still around. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to keep up 500 words a day for about 4 months - enough to knock off most of Ghosts, but I could never manage the pace of NaNo. Too many other obligations in life :(

    I think November is likely to be NaNoReviseMo for me.

    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey for NaNoWriMo! I loved doing it last year, but don't think I'll have time this time round. I have a story idea, but not enough time for research and development before 1st November. Plus, I'm still rewriting "Racing the Dark". I'm inclined to agree with Botanist about the "NaNoReviseMo" part.

    Good luck with it though - and another paranormal romance! Just the sort of thing I like to read :).

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love :)