Wednesday, November 9, 2011

NaNo - Day 9

Things are going well. I've reached chapter 12 of my novel and the plot is finally well underway. I've come across a hard section and I'll have to take great care writing it because it justifies everything that happens next. I'm actually pretty excited to get this done and through the queues to see what people think about it, if it holds interest.

Also, my MC is all over the place. As in she went bananas and refuses to have any trait except that of going ballistic. And I'm letting her. I saw what happened last year when I tried to beat Rachel into submission. I'm letting Grace roam free.

BTW, my MCs name is Grace (I know, not a name I would usually give a character). I actually had some fun this year finding "immaculate" names for my Angel characters.

Also, this is the goriest thing I've ever written. I want to improve on the gore, but I'll do that with revision number 1. Right now, I have to write the slightly beefed up skeleton of my masterpiece (insert sarcastic cough here). I can't believe how much fun I'm having. And I have over 20 chapters left to go. Weeee!

Signing off. Gotta go hit the gym (trying to get in shape for the wedding)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're already over 30,000 words! And it's only day 10!! I barely made it to 50,000 on day 30 last year. Well done you!

    I'm looking forward to you putting it through the queues. Sounds like it's going to be a fantastic story.

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love :)