Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And we're off...

Happy New Year, everyone!

I know it took me a while to get back to bloggling this year, but between entertaining house guests, traveling back to the big city and starting a new job, time was scarce. Even now, I was supposed to be in school... we'll the weather's bad and I'm sick, so I think I might be taking this weekend off.

Enough about that. Let me let you in on the BIG news! I got a contract offering from Melange Books! No, I didn't sign the contract yet, I didn't receive it, but hopefully, this time next week, I'll be a contracted author. I can't believe that my one big wish is coming true.

If you're wondering about Melange - it's that one nice place which has awesome Mysti Parker in it.

In other news, my job is eating a big part of my time, unfortunately, so I might blog a little less for a while (especially since I start exam session in two weeks). This also holds back my editing.

For people wondering, the fact that Hunters is getting published will not tether my editing of Saving Grace - that baby's still going through the queues. I will be assigned an editor for Hunters in about July, so, until then, I'm looking for people who would be interested in a full MS crit (hint, hint).

I hope I'll get to blog more over this month, but they might stick to shorts or (maybe) book reviews, since I got a kindle for Christmas and can read a lot more now :D

I'll keep everyone posted.

8 comments:

  1. Stef, a big congratulations to you. You are so energetic and your crits are the best. I love Saving Grace, so I'm glad you'll keep posting.

    Good luck on the contract. Lucky for Melange that they got you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such wonderful news, Steph! I can't wait for "Hunters" to be published :).

    I'm happy to volunteer for a full MS crit, if you think I'd be useful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I'm so excited! I'll keep you posted.

    @Coral - of course, I'd love to! You're very useful, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congrats on the contract. That is one big step forwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been out of the blog loop, but had to check in. I'm so glad you're joining the team at Melange! You'll like it over there. Great folks and writers!

    Don't work yourself to death, girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally checkin in over here. So glad to hear you're joining the Melange group. You'll like it there. Don't work too hard, kid :)

    Mysti

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love :)