Sunday, March 25, 2012

Some news

So, I went and saw The Hunger Games last night. I'm sort of on the fence about it. Knowing the books and the film industry, I know it could have been much worse. On the other hand, I found myself getting bored during. And the action shots were just terrible. The camera moved around so much, I couldn't tell who was fighting whom and who was doing what.
The screenplay felt pretty solid to me. I had trouble with the directing and the soundtrack. The lack of background sounds made me... well, notice that there aren't any. They could have played out the suspense a lot better with some sound.
I did like the scenes from behind the cameras. Those were really interesting and nice. :) Overall, I think the movie worked and could have been worse.

On to other news. I'm excited that in April, the page for the Fire&Ice devision of Melange Publishing will be out -- cuz that's where Hunters is coming out. It was apparently deemed YA (not exactly sure why, but I guess it's pretty clean), so... I can't wait :D. I still haven't gotten news about the cover, and I'm still very excited to see it (the official one).

Mysti Parker (yeah, you know her), had me do a guest post on her blog. I managed to put that in at work (oopsy, almost forgot), but in the flurry of it, I discovered something about myself. If you're curious, you can read the guest post here.

I've been wondering if to make an author Facebook page for myself. I've been toying with the idea for a while and decided to have one once I am a published author. Now that I'm contracted, I'm a bit scared to call myself that. Like if I exaggerate and get over excited, the good thing will go away. And I'm pretty nervous about that. Though I've seen unpublished authors with Facebook pages. Hmmm... not sure what to do about that. I'm just sure I won't be giving out news of my books on my personal page (since most of the stuff going on there is in Romanian and for Romanians) Most of the people there don't even know I write (yup, let alone that I'm contracted - ha! I can't get enough of saying that).

So, this is me for now. I'll be giving you more news soon. Right now, I'm getting excited with wedding planning and such. Already gave the order for my invitations. :D Hope to get back here with some good news and/or a potential cover/Facebook page.

Over and out!

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Hunger Games movie, and the lack of sound didn't bother me. Movies that rely on music to build suspense, for example, are lacking because the actors and the screenplay should be the ones building suspense. I liked watching the Gamemakers, too!

    I can't wait to see your book cover!

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love :)